SAVE THE DATE for our 2021 tryouts at SSI: Tuesday, August 31st and Thursday, September 2nd.
The purpose of the Hamilton Junior Chargers Girls Basketball Club is to give 3rd - 8th grade girls who plan on attending Hamilton High School a place to develop their game, play competitive basketball, have fun, make new friends, work hard, and get ready to play basketball at the high school level.
Each team will:
- Hold two practices a week (most weeks) from October to March. Subject to gym availability, head coaches may schedule a third practice in any given week. Practices are typically 1 - 1.5 hours long and held between 5pm - 8pm at either Lannon, Maple, Marcy, Woodside, TMS or SSI.
- Play ~16 league games in eight weekends. Games are played on Saturdays and/or Sundays from late November to early February at the following locations:
- Mukwonago: 3rd & 4th grades
- Waukesha South: 5th & 6th grade A teams
- Kettle Moraine: 5th & 6th & 7th grade B teams
- Waukesha West: 7th & 8th grade A teams
- Play in up to six tournaments (except for 3rd grade teams), typically three games per tournament: Hamilton Tip Off Classic + five of coach’s choice. As a result, most teams end up playing 32 - 40 games between November 1st and March 31st.
- Play every eligible player in every half of every game. Playing time is not equal and will be determined in each Head Coach's sole discretion.
3rd grade: Will be split into even teams if we have enough players. Will play 16 games in the Gold Division of the Mukwonago League (no tournaments).
4th grade: Will be split into even teams if we have enough players and if we can get all teams in the league. If not, 3rd and 4th grades may be combined.
5th - 8th grade: Teams will be divided into "A" (Red) and "B" (Black, White) level teams.
Get your free Kids Guide to the Tokyo Olympics. Over 100 pages of games, puzzles, trivia and more!Download