MISSION STATEMENT: The purpose of the Hamilton Girls Basketball Club is to give 3rd - 8th grade girls who plan on attending Hamilton High School a place to learn and develop their game, play competitive basketball, have fun, make new friends, and get ready to play basketball at the high school level.
- Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 6:30 pm in HHS Little Theatre.
- The Parent Meeting is critical for all parents to attend to learn about the club and our teams, hear feedback from our 2021 parent survey and ask any questions you may have.
- Open from Friday, August 6, 2021 until 11:45 pm on Sunday, August 29, 2021.
- Click HERE to begin your registration for the 2021 - 2022 season.
- If you are new to Jr. Chargers, we encourage you to wait until after the Parent Meeting on 8/25 to register.
- The Jr. Chargers program has a higher level of commitment than some youth basketball programs.
- Attending the Parent Meeting will help you better understand the program’s expectations.
- Tryouts have been expanded to be two nights this year. All girls are expected to attend both nights.
- Each player needs to bring her own water bottle and basketball. Masks are not required.
- Parents will not be allowed in the gym during tryouts.
- Tuesday, August 31, 2021 and Thursday, September 2, 2021 at Silver Spring Intermediate School.
- Times: 3rd, 4th & 5th grades check-in at 5:00 pm, tryouts from 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
6th, 7th & 8th grades check-in at 6:30 pm, tryouts from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Congratulations of all 2021 - 2022 Jr. Chargers!
- 3rd grade: Even teams. Should play up to 16 league games, plus up to three games in our Hamilton tournament. May be combined with 4th grade.
- 4th grade: Even teams subject to number of players that make a team after tryouts and league availability. 3rd and 4th grades may be combined.
- 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th grades: Teams will be divided into "A" (Red) and "B" (Black, White) level teams and will play in "A" and "B" leagues (see below).
- Each team should hold two practices a week from October to February/March, typically on Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- There will be some cancellations throughout the season. As a general rule, when there is no school (teacher in service, holidays, etc.), there is no practice.
- Practices are typically 90 min long and are held from 6:00 - 7:30pm or 7:30 - 9:00pm at either Lannon, Maple, Marcy, Woodside, TMS or SSI.
- We try to schedule the 3rd, 4th and 5th grade teams for the 6:00pm practices and the 6th, 7th and 8th grade teams for the 7:30pm practices.
- Subject to, among other things, gym availability, head coaches may schedule a third practice in any given week.
Each team should play 16 league games in eight weekends. Games are typically played on Sundays from November to February in:
- 3rd grade: Mukwonago (Gold Division)
- 4th grade: Mukwonago (Blue Division) or Mequon (10 games in Nov. - Dec. with two extra tournaments)
- 5th & 6th grade Red: Waukesha South
- 5th & 6th grade Black / White: Kettle Moraine or Mequon (10 games in Nov. - Dec. with two extra tournaments)
- 7th & 8th grade Red: Waukesha West
- 7th grade Black: Kettle Moraine
- 4th - 8th grade teams should play in up to six tournaments, typically on Saturdays: Hamilton tournament + up to five tournaments of head coach’s choice.
- As a result, most 4th - 8th grade teams end up playing 18 tournament games plus 16 league games for a total of 34 games between Nov.1 and Mar.31.
- The club does not cover tournament entry fees for 3rd grade teams. However, if 3rd grade coaches are able to secure a free spot or would like to enter in a tournament while covering the entry fee by the team members, typically $175 - $225 per team, they can do so.
Each team should play every eligible player in every half of every game. Playing time is not equal and will be determined in each head coach's sole discretion.