The purpose of the Hamilton Girls Basketball Club is to give 3rd - 8th grade girls who plan on attending Hamilton High School in Sussex, WI a place to learn and develop their game, play competitive basketball, have fun, make new friends, and get ready to play basketball at the high school levels.
- Thursday, August 18, 2022 at 6:30 pm in HHS Little Theatre.
- The Parent Meeting is critical for all parents to attend to learn about the club and our teams.
- Attending the Parent Meeting will help you better understand the program and its expectations.
- The Jr. Chargers program has a higher level of commitment than some youth basketball programs.
- You will also hear feedback from our 2022 parent survey and may ask the Board any questions.
- Players should not attend the Parent Meeting. There will be no apparel for players to try on.
- Open from 8:00 pm on Friday, August 18, 2022 until 8:00 pm on Sunday, August 28, 2022.
- Click HERE to begin your player registration for the 2022 - 2023 season.
- Cost to participate: $350 for 3rd grade, $450 for 4th - 8th grades.
- Additional information is posted on our Player Registration page.
- Tuesday, August 30, 2022 and Thursday, September 1, 2022 at SSI.
- 3rd, 4th & 5th grades check-in at 5:00 pm, tryouts from 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm.
- 6th, 7th & 8th grades check-in at 6:30 pm, tryouts from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm.
- All players are expected to attend both nights. Parents will not be allowed in the gym.
- Each player needs to bring her own water bottle and basketball labeled with her name.
- Former Jr. Chargers need to wear their practice jerseys. Pinnies will be provided to all other players.
- The goal is to have two 10-player teams at each grade. Cuts may be necessary. Additional players and/or teams are subject to Board approval.
- It is possible that we may end up having only one team per grade, if e.g., there are not enough players or if we do not have enough coaches.
- 3rd grade: Even teams, meaning no "A" and "B" teams. May be combined with 4th grade.
- 4th grade: Even teams, meaning no "A" and "B" teams. May be combined with 3rd grade.
- 5th - 8th grades: Teams will be divided into "A" (Red) and "B" (Black, White) level teams and will play in "A" and "B" leagues (see below).
- Each team should hold two practices a week from October to February/March, typically on Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- There will be some cancellations throughout the season. As a general rule, when there is no school (teacher in service, holidays, etc.), there is no practice.
- Practices are typically 90 min long and are held from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm or 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm at either Lannon, Maple, Marcy, Woodside, TMS or SSI.
- We try to schedule the 3rd - 5th grade teams for the 6:00 pm practices and the 6th - 8th grade teams for the 7:30pm practices.
- Subject to, among other things, gym availability, head coaches may schedule a third practice in any given week.
Each team should play 16 league games in eight weekends. Games are typically played on Sundays (7th & 8th A teams on Sat.) from November to February:
- 3rd & 4th grades: Mukwonago (Gold & Blue Divisions)
- 5th & 6th grades Red: Waukesha South
- 5th & 6th grades Black / White: Kettle Moraine
- 7th & 8th grades Red: Waukesha West
- 7th & 8th grades Black / White: Kettle Moraine
If there are three teams in any grade, the third team may play in Mequon's Overtime league or Mary Nellen's 1on1 League or any other league the club is able to sign up for.
- 3rd grade teams:
- May play in our Hamilton tournament in November + one tournament of head coach's choice towards the end of the season.
- As a result, our 3rd grade teams should end up playing a total of 22 games: 6 tournament games plus 16 league games.
- 4th - 8th grade teams:
- May play in up to six tournaments, typically on Saturdays: Hamilton tournament + up to five tournaments of head coach’s choice.
- As a result, most 4th - 8th grade teams should end up playing a total of 34 games: 18 tournament games plus 16 league games.
Each team should play every eligible player in every half of every game. Playing time is not equal and will be determined in each head coach's sole discretion.