The purpose of the Hamilton Jr. Chargers Girls Basketball Club is to give 3rd - 8th grade girls who plan on attending Hamilton High School a place to develop their game, play competitive basketball, have fun and be ready to play basketball at the high school level.
Each team will:
- Hold two (2) practices a week (most weeks). Coaches may schedule a third practice. Practices are typically 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Update: Practices were shortened to 1 - 1.5 hours this year due to extra cleaning required by the school district.
- Practices are typically between 5pm - 8pm at either TMS, SSI, Lannon, Maple, Marcy or Woodside.
- Play in a league, approximately 16 games. Games on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Play in up to six (6) tournaments (except for 3rd grade teams): Hamilton Tip Off Classic + five (5) of coach’s choice.
- Most teams end up playing 32 to 40 games between Nov.1, 2020 and Mar.31, 2021.
- Play every eligible player in every half of every game. Playing time is not equal.
- 3rd grade teams (new this year, even teams) will only play in the Gold Division of the Mukwonago League (no tournaments).
- 4th grade teams will be split into even teams if we have enough players. If not, 3rd and 4th grades may be combined.
- 5th - 8th grade teams will be divided into A (Red) and B (Black, White) level teams.