MISSION STATEMENT: The purpose of the Hamilton Girls Basketball Club is to give 3rd - 8th grade girls who plan on attending Hamilton High School a place to develop their game, play competitive basketball, have fun, make new friends, and get ready to play basketball at the high school level.
- Wednesday, August 25th at 6:30 pm at HHS Little Theatre.
- The Parent Meeting is critical for all parents to attend to learn about the club and our teams, hear feedback from our 2021 parent survey and ask any questions you may have.
- Open from Friday, August 6th until 11:45 pm on Sunday, August 29th.
- Click HERE to begin your registration for the 2021 - 2022 season.
- If you are new to Jr. Chargers, we encourage you to wait until after the Parent Meeting on 8/25 to register.
- The Jr. Chargers program has a higher level of commitment than some youth basketball programs.
- Attending the Parent Meeting will help you better understand the program’s expectations.
- Tryouts have been expanded to be two nights this year. All girls are expected to attend both nights.
- Each player needs to bring her own water bottle and basketball. Masks are not required.
- Parents will not be allowed in the gym during tryouts.
- Tuesday, August 31st and Thursday, September 2nd at Silver Spring Intermediate School.
- Times: 3rd, 4th & 5th grades check-in at 5:00 pm, tryouts from 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
6th, 7th & 8th grades check-in at 6:30 pm, tryouts from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Congratulations of all 2021 - 2022 Jr. Chargers!
- 3rd grade: Even teams. Should play up to 16 league games, plus up to three games in our Hamilton tournament. May be combined with 4th grade.
- 4th grade: Even teams subject to number of players that make a team after tryouts and league availability. 3rd and 4th grades may be combined.
- 5th, 6th, 7th & 8th grades: Teams will be divided into "A" (Red) and "B" (Black, White) level teams and will play in "A" and "B" leagues (see below).
Each team should hold two practices a week (most weeks) from October to February/March. Subject to gym availability, head coaches may schedule a third practice in any given week. Practices are typically 90 min long and held between 6pm - 9pm at either Lannon, Maple, Marcy, Woodside, TMS or SSI.
Each team should play 16 league games in eight weekends. Games are typically played on Sundays (on Saturdays) from late November to early February at:
- 3rd grade teams: Mukwonago (Gold Division) - possibly Mequon subject to Mukwonago's capacity
- 4th grade teams: Mukwonago (Blue Division) - possibly Mequon and/or extra tournaments subject to Mukwonago's capacity
- 5th grade Red: Waukesha South
- 5th grade Black: Kettle Moraine
- 6th grade Red: Waukesha South
- 6th grade Black / White: Kettle Moraine or Mequon with two extra tournaments
- 7th grade Red: Waukesha West
- 7th grade Black: Kettle Moraine
- 8th grade Red: Waukesha West
- 8th grade Black: Kettle Moraine
Each team in 4th - 8th grade should play in up to six tournaments, typically three games per tournament: our own Hamilton tournament + up to five of head coach’s choice. As a result, most teams end up playing 28 - 40 games between November 1st and March 31st.
Each team should play every eligible player in every half of every game. Playing time is not equal and will be determined in each head coach's sole discretion.